1. There are a surprising number of Beauty and the Beast TV show vids on YouTube. This message brought to you by the Festivids dispute process.
2. I watched the first two episodes of Unforgettable, which, you will be unsurprised to learn, is an entirely forgettable police procedural. I cannot imagine how this gimmick could possibly generate enough material to last more than a season. That said, I do love Poppy Montgomery and will continue to watch for her. (And do you know why
I love Poppy Montgomery? I thought she turned in a wonderful, and disturbing, portrait of Marilyn Monroe in the TV miniseries Blonde. I've never seen Without a Trace, which I gather is where most people know her from.)
3. I have given up on L&O: SVU. Partly this is because Stabler left the show; for me, it was always about watching Benson and Stabler work together (although we were getting precious little of that recently even before he left). But the nail in the coffin was when the season premiere turned out to be an adaptation of the DSK case, which genuinely revolted me and finally prompted me to cancel the season recording on my DVR. I feel like I'm growing as a person.
is Pinboard porn.
5. Well, he was warned
6. Sometimes it seems as though fandom authors simply cannot keep up with the bottomless demand for D/s AUs.
7. Through my Charles/Erik obsession, I have realized something about myself. Dean/Sam was an anomaly for me, in that I had a favorite character (Dean!), who I also thought was the prettiest, preferred to woobify, and imagined as the submissive in D/s scenarios. I see now that in fact, with just about any other pairing, I am far more flexible. For instance, I tend to want to woobify Charles, but I totally prefer him as the Dom in D/s scenarios, and I think Erik is hotter. And in H50 fandom, it's a whole 'nother combination. Huh.
8. It's a pity, though, because I really can't see Charles as a hooker. At least not if he still has his powers.
9. This journal continues to be rather dull these days and politics-free, partly because work insanity continues, partly because every time I look at my political blogs for more than 10 minutes I get exceptionally depressed and have to turn away, and partly because I have a bunch of Festivids tasks I am avoiding. Even my cat is noticeably upset with my neglect.
10. But Festivids is awesome in that just thinking
about the different nominations has totally inspired me with a million vid ideas. Whee!
11. It is also possible that a completely indefensible Charles/Erik vid bunny came to me yesterday, which I don't have time to make at all. If I do make it, however, it will be with utter sincerity