- Anita Blake 'verse. I did love the first few books in the series once upon a time; then I gave up on them and I don't remember the plots very well, but I enjoyed this ficlet.So We'll Go No More A-Roving
- Tom Stoppard's Arcadia. I saw the Broadway production (twice), so of course, in my head, Hannah is Blair Brown, Valentine is Robert Sean Leonard, and Septimus is Billy Crudup.Between Now and Forever
- A Little Princess (1995). I enjoyed this story even though I've never seen the 1995 movie. I have, however, read the book, seen the Shirley Temple version (*shudder*), and I am deeply, irrevocably in love with the 1986 TV adaptation, which is actually quite faithful to the book except that the old bachelor next door was actually played by an extremely young hot guy, and Sara Crewe came off as more teenager than child, causing me to (inevitably) 'ship them like crazy ... shut up.Lucky Stone
- Haven. Nathan/Audrey UST. I'm a total sucker for the whole he-can-only-feel-her-touch thing.Mnemosyne
- The Lion in Winter. Really nice characterizations and some beautiful writing.13 Ways of Looking At Betrayal
- Fringe. Great insights into Olivia.the true meaning of friendship (and zombies)
- In Plain Sight, Mary & Marshall. So very, very spot on.
And a bonus non-Yuletide rec:Fanart
, girl!Holmes and girl!Watson from the BBC 'verse.